Do we really pay attention to which way everything goes? I think we are so automatic in our routines we have no idea what we see. That is why I enjoy the Which Way challenge.
This challenge sets out a broad set of criteria:
- Roads: gravel, asphalt, cobbled, dirt, freeway, expressway, highway, bridges
- Indoor walkways: hallways, aisles, people movers
- Outdoor walks: sidewalks, paths, trails
- Stairs, elevators, escalators, or steps: indoors, outdoors
- Railway tracks, monorails, ski lifts
- Runways and starmacs
- Ferry’s, canals and lochs
- Parking lots, private driveways
- Signs of any kind: directional, informational, store signs, wind vanes
- Maps that are posted as signs
This is a way of getting around I have not tried yet and am not sure I ever will. But there was three that went up during the Christian concert we attended during a local festival.
While retrieving some gravel for a new fire pit project I thought about how this is a highway in it’s most basic form. For sure there was a crowd of trucks hauling the rock out this morning, trying to get their work completed for this week.
I cannot imagine the kind of leg power and stamina required to hustle the business with this kind of outfit, but there was plenty to use if you were so inclined during our visit to Washington, DC.
On October 31st of this year we will receive the treat we have been waiting far as the Amtrak service will return to Roanoke, Virginia, which is only two hours from our home. With this new possibility we can add train travel to our vacation options.
Cee’s Which Way Photo Challenge – 07/14/17