Do we really pay attention to which way everything goes? I think we are so automatic in our routines we have no idea what we see. That is why I enjoy the Which Way challenge.
This challenge sets out a broad set of criteria:
- Roads: gravel, asphalt, cobbled, dirt, freeway, expressway, highway, bridges
- Indoor walkways: hallways, aisles, people movers
- Outdoor walks: sidewalks, paths, trails
- Stairs, elevators, escalators, or steps: indoors, outdoors
- Railway tracks, monorails, ski lifts
- Runways and starmacs
- Ferry’s, canals and lochs
- Parking lots, private driveways
- Signs of any kind: directional, informational, store signs, wind vanes
- Maps that are posted as signs
This is a photo of the trail head of the Virginia Creeper Trail. It is the remnants of an old railroad line that has been developed into a major economic engine for Abingdon and the nearby town of Damascus which will welcome 10 times its normal number of inhabitants in two weeks for something called Trail Days.
The next two photos are of the old Virginia Creeper steam locomotive.
This collection of documents gives some history of the old Virginia Creeper Locomotive.
Cee’s Which Way Photo Challenge – 5/12/17