Today there is an unusual prompt for the Stream of Consciousness Saturday or #SOCS post. We are trying to incorporate the word Moo into our post. This is not a terrible stretch for me, because I live in a rural area in the mountains of Virginia. For my whole life I have enjoyed the sights and sounds of farm animals on three sides of my home. In fact, by this point in my life I am so used to the sounds I have to consciously ( like how I pulled that in?) think about picking the sound out of the background noise of my life.
I am part of the fraternity/sorority of folks concentrating on creating 26 posts based on the alphabet for the 2017 A to Z Challenge Linda mentioned in the prompt post. This year I am laying out the plot of a historical novel I plan to write during NaNoWriMo 2017 in November.
The Steel Horse Saviors is a story about three civil war veterans, two Yankees and 1 confederate who head west with their steam locomotive to seek their fortune. They encounter a beautiful redhead trying to save her family business who causes each of them to reassess their plan to escape their pasts. I won’t be so presumptuous as to insert a link here, but will tell you I have a recap of the second week on the blog where I am writing about the Steel horse Saviors, the Fiction Playground. If interested I can give you the link in a comment.
This is for the weekly Stream of Consciousness Post. Here are the rules copied from this week’s prompt for anyone interested in joining the fun/madness.
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The’,” or simply a single word to get your started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!