The act of becoming known online is a complicated act. There is the freedom to be whatever you choose, yet you are only one of millions. So what can you do to differentiate yourself from others? For one thing you can make sure the quality of what you post is superb. Readers respond to good, quality posts. No matter what platform you should devote your time to delivering high quality work. Why take your precious time to do any less?
Not long ago I finally investigated this thing called the Trifecta prompts. Thankfully I do not suffer from a shortage of subjects I want to cover. Even so, it is good for the story telling desire to get some unusual prompts occasionally and the folks at Trifecta offer two posts each week at 10 Am on Monday and again on Friday at the same time. I am meeting a whole other set of bloggers through these prompts even as I recognize a few I know from Friday Fictioneers.
On the Trifecta site they have a page for anyone who takes the challenge to introduce himself or herself to the rest of the community. That is what I want to do today, let you other Tirifectans know a bit about who I am.
- What is your name (real or otherwise)? Joe Owens, son of Mick and Janice, husband of Libby, father of Isaac and Meredith
- Describe your writing style in three words. creative, imaginative and abundant
- How long have you been writing online? About five years. I started writing on Helium, then moved on to HubPages and now finally on WordPress.
- Which, if any, other writing challenges do you participate in? I have tried the A to Z challenge, Blogdramedy’s Blog Festivus, I will be a participant in Blogdramedy’s Summer Shorts, I hosted the Baker’s Dozen Collaborative Fiction Story and always take part in the Friday Fictioneers hosted by Rochelle Wisofff-Fields.
- Describe one way in which you could improve your writing. Grammar. I stink at commas. Sometimes they come to me, but much of the time they do not.
- What is the best writing advice you’ve ever been given? Write every day. Even if you do not feel like it. Make your writing a daily activity, not a chore.
- Who is your favorite author? Vince Flynn and his Mitch Rapp series.
- How do you make time to write? I don’t make time, I just take time to write. I am happiest when I write.
- Give us one word we should consider using as a prompt. Remember–it must have a third definition. distinct
- Direct us to one blog post of yours that we shouldn’t miss reading. While a Tree Grows in Brooklyn, A Boy Graduates in Virginia https://joeowensblog.wordpress.com/2013/05/27/while-a-tree-grows-in-brooklyn-a-boy-graduates-in-virginia/