Culture is as unique as your area. People living in the city have a different culture than us who live in the country. Where I live the majority of people have adequate transportation to get where they desire. When I visited Belize in December I saw a totally different culture for getting around the country. I saw a variety of vehicles in the country from all years and all models. While we were there this bus was our mode of transportation and buses like this were common sto see on the roads.
Many of the roads around Belmopan and Roaring Creek showcased a lot of two wheelers. An occasional scooter puttered by, but by and large we saw bicycles. There was all types and sizes and everyone from kids to older adults were pedaling away to get to their destination.
Of course everyone has the ability to walk. We saw a lot of people walking. In fact we saw people walking at all times of the day. Sometimes as we were coming in for the day at or after dark we would encounter streams of people walking with no reflective strips or anything to illuminate then to oncoming traffic. A very dangerous piece of the Belizean culture.
Another piece of culture we observed was the school uniforms the children wore. Each school had its own color combination. Here you can see kids at the feeding kitchen we visited.
Culture is what makes places we visit so interesting. It can be influenced by numerous factors, including religion, topography, economics, practicality and more.
See more Weekly Photo Challenge – Culture posts here:
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Culture | Flickr Comments
- Weekly Photo Challenge: CULTURE | eagerexplorer
- WEEKLY PHOTO CHALLENGE : CULTURE | beyond toxicity
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Culture | Ese’s Voice
- Weekly Photo Challenge: “Culture” | It’s Just Me: My thoughts and happenings of the day…
- Weekly Photo Challenge:Culture | So where’s the snow?
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Culture | A Little British Pea …
- Charlemagnes Octagon – A lot of culture (Loving Aachen IV) | A Happy and Beautiful World
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Culture | Queenie
- Weekly Photo Challenge ~ Culture | Cabin Fever
- Culture | Spirit Lights The Way
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Culture | Taking time, making time
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Culture | AC’s Sharing Spree
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Culture: American Diner | SERENDIPITY
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Culture | Just James
- Horn-OK-Please | wingrish
- WordPress weekly photo challenge: Culture | Perfecting Motherhood
- Culture (weekly photo challenge) | En Vers et Contre-Champs
- WordPress Photo Challenge: Culture | A year in the Life
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Culture | A Western Buddhist’s Travels
- Challenge Photo Hebdo – Culture(s) | Paris en photographies
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Culture | The Syllabub Sea
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Culture | Chittle Chattle
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Culture | Bams’ Blog
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Culture | Just Snaps
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Culture – Joy and Woe
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Culture | Ryan Photography