Who’s the most important person in your life — and how would your day-to-day existence be different without them?
Who is the most important person in my life? That is easy. It is my wife. She is my better half, my equal partner, the one I depend on so much. If I did not have her around I can imagine my life to be tremendously different. Not in a good way that is.
I met my wife nearly twenty-two years ago, on March 23, 1991. It was a blind date, set up by the woman who had been my first baby sitter, or day care mother as she preferred it. She was the next door neighbor and was a second mother to me. She took the project of finding me a forever mate as a personal challenge. This woman taught me about being a Christian and wanted to do what she could to make sure I found a good, Christian girl to marry.
I went out on a movie and dinner date with my wife that night. I did not have a rich dating history, so this date was significant in that regard. My wife told me later that she was confident I would call back for a second date. I wasn’t as sure I guess, but only because i was a little backward. I am so glad I got over that.
Twenty years of marriage, two kids and lot of history later, we are a perfect pair. She still hates sports of any type and I still prefer anything to soup on a cold Winter day. We understand our differences and have learned to accept them.
Without her I would be extremely sad and would likely drift with little purpose for a while. Being with someone for such a long time gets to be so normal you cannot fathom any other arrangement. When I was away for a week on the mission trip I took to Belize recently I missed being with my wife. There was so much going on during our days that the separation didn’t resonate so much. But at night when I was winding down from the day I missed the time we usually spend sharing and bonding.
Without a doubt she is my VIP.
Read about other VIPs.
- VIP – I’m Afraid Of The Dark
- Daily Post: VIP | tel-uh-vizh-uh-ner-ee
- Fiery. | Share, My Dad Says.
- The V.I.P. Motel | The Chatter Blog
- Daily Prompt: VIP « Mama Bear Musings
- Very Important Primates | Happy Monkey Land and Other Musings on Life
- Little Constants in My Life | Daily Prompt: VIP | likereadingontrains
- Daily Prompt: VIP | The Evolving Dad
- Daily Prompt – VIP | Joe’s Musings
- Daily Prompt: VIP | Daddy’s Naughty Little Girl
- “Zenit” camera. First model, 1952. Seven images | Philosophy & Photography
- Without Them – Me Wouldn’t Be I | The Jittery Goat
- What makes one a VIP? | The Nameless One
- Daily Prompt: VIP | Moving Notion
- Daily Prompt: VIP My Husband | Lines by Linda
- I was Conned | The Daily Dilly Dally
- Daily Prompt: VIP | My Atheist Blog
- After I Started Across the Street and Before My Head Was Smashed | This Is My Corn
- Daily Prompt: VIP | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Daily Prompt – VIP | Phillip McCollum
- Love of My Life,Don’t Leave Me…… | Natalie Elizabeth Beech
- You is Important | Ald+R
- Father Figure | calliopes lyre
- VIP: My Very Important Person(s) | thelissachronicles
- With every breath… | sat n’ all that
- MY VIP : Daily Prompt: VIP | Kaleidoscopic World in Words
- Impossible Choice, You Can’t Make Me | Stuphblog
- TheDeafia | Daily Prompt: VIP
- Daily Prompt: VIP In My Life | My Blog
- I’m Not Going to Go There « Sorta-Ginger
- V.I.P. | Serious Reflections and Random Thoughts.
- Very Important Person Gratitude (Or just more than one) | Your Inner Feathers by Ruby
- And The Award For Favorite Goes To… | So I Went Undercover
- The Post That Almost Wasn’t – For Several Reasons | HonieBriggs
- Someone I Like to Talk To | – ellikitty –
- – ellikitty –
- Daily Prompt: VIP | Basically Beyond Basic
- Daily Prompt: VIP – My Husband | tirochelle
- My husband: the Most Important Person in My Life | motherofnine9
- Daily Prompt: Most Important Person | One Starving Activist
- Daily Prompt: VIP | cftc10
- Love Many: My Personal VIP List | Wiley’s Wisdom
- My Non-Existent VIP | Life, Love, and the Pursuit of Happiness
- VIPs Only | Mike Sensitivity
- And the VIP Award goes to… | Jill-of-all-Trades
- The Luckiest Man in the World | Learning, Running, and Writing
- Who is a VIP? | My unsorted thoughts
- Daily Prompt: VIP | Twisted Muses
- Jean Paul, my muse | Seriously Seeking Grannies
- Daily Prompt: VIP | Happyfarmgirl1101’s Blog
- 10/3 Daily Prompt: VIP | Family Photos Food & Craft
So nice. People are always saying ‘my better half’ but you sound as if you mean it. Wishing you another 20 such years. 🙂
Loved your sharing today. Thank you for the ping back also.
I appreciate your visit to read and leave a comment.
Pingback: And The Award For Favorite Goes To… | So I Went Undercover
Wow! Two wonderful partners made for each other and an amazaing way of penning it!
Pingback: Daily Prompt: VIP In My Life | My Blog
Pingback: Impossible Choice, You Can’t Make Me | Stuphblog