Who is the most important person in my life? That is easy. It is my wife. She is my better half, my equal partner, the one I depend on so much. If I did not have her around I can imagine my life to be tremendously different. Not in a good way that is.
I met my wife nearly twenty-two years ago, on March 23, 1991. It was a blind date, set up by the woman who had been my first baby sitter, or day care mother as she preferred it. She was the next door neighbor and was a second mother to me. She took the project of finding me a forever mate as a personal challenge. This woman taught me about being a Christian and wanted to do what she could to make sure I found a good, Christian girl to marry.
I went out on a movie and dinner date with my wife that night. I did not have a rich dating history, so this date was significant in that regard. My wife told me later that she was confident I would call back for a second date. I wasn’t as sure I guess, but only because i was a little backward. I am so glad I got over that.
Twenty years of marriage, two kids and lot of history later, we are a perfect pair. She still hates sports of any type and I still prefer anything to soup on a cold Winter day. We understand our differences and have learned to accept them.
Without her I would be extremely sad and would likely drift with little purpose for a while. Being with someone for such a long time gets to be so normal you cannot fathom any other arrangement. When I was away for a week on the mission trip I took to Belize recently I missed being with my wife. There was so much going on during our days that the separation didn’t resonate so much. But at night when I was winding down from the day I missed the time we usually spend sharing and bonding.
Without a doubt she is my VIP.
Read about other VIPs.
- VIP – I’m Afraid Of The Dark
- Daily Post: VIP | tel-uh-vizh-uh-ner-ee
- Fiery. | Share, My Dad Says.
- The V.I.P. Motel | The Chatter Blog
- Daily Prompt: VIP « Mama Bear Musings
- Very Important Primates | Happy Monkey Land and Other Musings on Life
- Little Constants in My Life | Daily Prompt: VIP | likereadingontrains
- Daily Prompt: VIP | The Evolving Dad
- Daily Prompt – VIP | Joe’s Musings
- Daily Prompt: VIP | Daddy’s Naughty Little Girl
- “Zenit” camera. First model, 1952. Seven images | Philosophy & Photography
- Without Them – Me Wouldn’t Be I | The Jittery Goat
- What makes one a VIP? | The Nameless One
- Daily Prompt: VIP | Moving Notion
- Daily Prompt: VIP My Husband | Lines by Linda
- I was Conned | The Daily Dilly Dally
- Daily Prompt: VIP | My Atheist Blog
- After I Started Across the Street and Before My Head Was Smashed | This Is My Corn
- Daily Prompt: VIP | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Daily Prompt – VIP | Phillip McCollum
- Love of My Life,Don’t Leave Me…… | Natalie Elizabeth Beech
- You is Important | Ald+R
- Father Figure | calliopes lyre
- VIP: My Very Important Person(s) | thelissachronicles
- With every breath… | sat n’ all that
- MY VIP : Daily Prompt: VIP | Kaleidoscopic World in Words
- Impossible Choice, You Can’t Make Me | Stuphblog
- TheDeafia | Daily Prompt: VIP
- Daily Prompt: VIP In My Life | My Blog
- I’m Not Going to Go There « Sorta-Ginger
- V.I.P. | Serious Reflections and Random Thoughts.
- Very Important Person Gratitude (Or just more than one) | Your Inner Feathers by Ruby
- And The Award For Favorite Goes To… | So I Went Undercover
- The Post That Almost Wasn’t – For Several Reasons | HonieBriggs
- Someone I Like to Talk To | – ellikitty –
- – ellikitty –
- Daily Prompt: VIP | Basically Beyond Basic
- Daily Prompt: VIP – My Husband | tirochelle
- My husband: the Most Important Person in My Life | motherofnine9
- Daily Prompt: Most Important Person | One Starving Activist
- Daily Prompt: VIP | cftc10
- Love Many: My Personal VIP List | Wiley’s Wisdom
- My Non-Existent VIP | Life, Love, and the Pursuit of Happiness
- VIPs Only | Mike Sensitivity
- And the VIP Award goes to… | Jill-of-all-Trades
- The Luckiest Man in the World | Learning, Running, and Writing
- Who is a VIP? | My unsorted thoughts
- Daily Prompt: VIP | Twisted Muses
- Jean Paul, my muse | Seriously Seeking Grannies
- Daily Prompt: VIP | Happyfarmgirl1101’s Blog
- 10/3 Daily Prompt: VIP | Family Photos Food & Craft